[G4] Spinning Beachball

Luke Rademacher lz4broc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 13:05:14 PDT 2008

Diskwarrior is a good idea for any Mac.

However Diskwarrior should not  be used as the Only thing when
running regular maintenance on your Mac.

DiskWarrior does not physically do any defragging or moving of files
around on your HD, what it does is Alters the Disk Directory. It
rebuilds the Directory which is faster than a defrag.

I highly recommend something like YASU or Macaroni or AppleJack.
These apps empty Logs, Caches, cookies, temp files etc and some let
you Repair permissions and remove Localizations that are not needed.

Peace,

Luke Rademacher
Liquid Zone Graphics
Mac mini 2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3GB RAM, 80GB HD, Combo DVD/CDRW,
Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.4, ext NewerTech miniStack w/ 320GB HD.
MDD Dual 1.25Ghz G4, 2GB RAM, 250GB/120GB/80GB HD's, 16x DL DVD±R/RW
Superdrive, Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.11, Classic Mac OS 9.2.2.
Intel Celeron 2GHz, 1GB RAM, 80GB HD, Ubuntu Linux 8.04
5.5th gen 80GB Enhanced Video iPod
Canon CanoScan 8400F
Canon Pixma iP450