[G4] Dual 1.25 MDD G4 won't boot OS X. Any ideas?

Eric Smith eric-s-smith at comcast.net
Thu Dec 11 11:57:45 PST 2008

Hi Mark,

FW 800 has a different connector than FW 400, for example see:
http://computer.howstuffworks.com/firewire4.htm

For your booting problem, have you tried zapping the PRAM
(see http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379) or resetting the PMU?

Are there disk maintenance tools on your test disk - something
that can check the integrity of the root filesystem? If not,
an application like DiskWarrior might be of help.

Eric S.