[G4] sata drives - Partition

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sat Dec 27 13:11:53 PST 2008

On 12/27/08, hecowan <hecowan at islandnet.com> wrote:

> i asked about partitioning because i see mention
> of it from time to time.  as a fairly
> non-techwise individual i have not understood the
> value and purpose of doing this, other than when
> more than one person is using the machine.  this
> is not the case in my home.

The value and purpose differs. I partition so I can have multiple, bootable,
and different OSs on a single HD. I do beta-testing and this allows me to boot
without hooking up external HDs on my G4 gigabit machine. Internal HDs run
faster than externals. I have OS 9, Tiger, and Leopard variants, plus their
backups on my machine (two internal, partitioned HDs).