[G4] Re: G4 Digest, Vol 41, Issue 20

jonseward at mindspring.com jonseward at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 1 05:03:42 PST 2008

The later MDD's were a bit quieter than the first 'Blowhole' models famed
wind tunnel.  Not silent, but substantially
improved.

Just looked at Low End Mac and their most expensive MDD model lists for
$650 - a new Mac Mini might provide
superior performance at a lower price, if the rest of the form factor work
for your needs.

There's a web site I can't recall that lists current street prices for all
Mac models in all their release configurations.  If
someone knows what that site is, I'd appreciate being reminded!

You might keep an eye on Craig's List or other sales/swap sites to see if
you can't do a bit better.  A few years ago I
purchased a local 866 MDD, loaded w. software and with a large Apple
monitor for $1,000 and thought that was a
good deal.

HTH,

Jon