[G4] memory problem in dual 867

johnnyg johnnyg at gorge.net
Mon Feb 4 17:03:35 PST 2008

Hi,

I just purchased from OWC a 512 memory chip to put into this newly
acquired mirror doors with only one 512 slot taken......however, after
installing the memory, I have had freezes kernel panics and other strange
attrocities often.  I moved the memory about in different slots and tried
resetting the pram, and pma.   No help so I removed the memory and
everything is smooth once again.  Is there some magic I should put into
service here or do I likely have a bad memory chip?  OSX10.39.   Thanks.

John