[G4] memory problem in dual 867

Tyranny Bean tyrannydesign at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 05:57:29 PST 2008

I've recently had similar problems.

I wanted to upgrade to CS3 and Tiger. I'm currently running on a Digital
Audio 533 upgraded with a 1.2 ghz Sonnet processor with 768 mb RAM. I
purchased 512 mb stick from Office Max (I know, this was my first mistake).
After installing and checking - everything read correctly in the Profiler.
But, common applications like Flock would shut down. At first I thought it
was a problem with a "Clean Sweep" script I had to run on the computer
because of a PhotoShop Beta/CS3 issue. But, after numerous problems I simply
un-installed the CS3 suite and was never able to finish the Tiger
installation. When I continued to have issues with my old CS2 suite and
Flock browser problems, I took out the new memory. I've had to re-install
Flock and CS2, but everything is running fine now - except under my wife's
account ... she's still having Flock shutdowns - even though we're using the
same program from Applications Folder?!

Anyway ... I'm holding off installing ANYTHING new until I can get some
recommendations from some experts.

~teej