[G4] memory problem in dual 867

Richard Klein richspk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 09:20:13 PST 2008

There's nothing wrong with buying memory from OfficeMax.  It *should* have
worked, but OfficeMax doesn't have the experience with Macs to know which
SKUs work with which models and which don't.  The obvious recommendation is
to buy your memory from a company that has extensive experience with Macs
and can sell you memory that experience has proven works well with your Mac.
Those would be places such as OWC or Small Dog Electronics.  I bet memory
from OWC would be cheaper than from OfficeMax, too.  I'd have to look up
their URLs, but let me know if you can't find them.

I would also be comfortable buying memory for my Mac directly from Crucial
or Corsair.  They're not Mac-specific memory manufacturers, but I've dealt
with them both for years and have great faith in them.  I think they both
have more experience with memory (in any computer) than OfficeMax does.

--
Rich