[G4] Sleep or leave running?

Eric Wood ewood at izoom.net
Wed Jan 9 11:30:01 PST 2008

Am Jan 8, 2008 um 5:47 PM schrieb Pat Crowe:

> I visit my G4QS 2002 many times during the day and between times I
> put it to sleep.
> The question is, would it be more beneficial to the computer to
> just leave it run?
> PatC.

There is nothing wrong with sleep. It will help preserve your
hardware, I should think, since some of it, such as hard drives, will
get a respite. And you'll be conserving power, which is always good.
That light bulb theory that turning a computer on is somehow
detrimental is just logical, yet incorrect thinking. Computers aren't
light bulbs.

Eric