[G4] Sleep or leave running?

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Wed Jan 9 13:01:13 PST 2008

On 01/09/08, Pat Crowe <crowesnest at aapt.net.au> wrote:

> I visit my G4QS 2002 many times during the day and between times I
> put it to sleep.
> The question is, would it be more beneficial to the computer to just
> leave it run?

I've been running my G4, 450 MP (seven years old) basically 24/7 and have never
slept it or its HDs. I only sleep the display. No noticable increase in my
electric bill or any problems with HD failures. Sleeping anything directly
connected to the power outlet (mains), besides the display, is an overblown
procedure. As for combatting global warming: as Lomborg says, warmer is better
than colder.