[G4] Sleep or leave running?

Peter Birren peter at birrendesign.com
Wed Jan 9 13:13:00 PST 2008

> On 01/09/08, Pat Crowe <crowesnest at aapt.net.au> wrote:
>>
>> would it be more beneficial to the computer to just leave it run?

I have a DP450 G4/GE (10.4.10) since it was brand new and invariably
have to restart some programs, or the entire machine, when it wakes
from sleep. So I've gotten to only sleeping the monitor after a half-
hour of an astronomy photos screensaver. Leaving the drives running
appears to create no problems. I shut down every night, too, starting
fresh in the morning. I replaced the main hard drive last year only
to go from 30 to 100 gig; the other two drives - client files,
photos, video - only wake when they're needed.

- Peter