[G4] Re: SLEEP???????????????

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Thu Jan 10 10:37:52 PST 2008

On Jan 9, 2008, at 11:00 PM, g4-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
wrote:

> Message: 7
> Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 21:01:12 -0500
> From: "YOUR FRIEND, CHRIS" <august.ham at verizon.net>
>
> issue one {as john mcloughlin sez}, and please don't laugh; how do i
> respond to a specific post? i'm using mac mail and  when i clicked on
> "message-ID" to reply, i get a new compose window - but nothing in
> the subject line, so i sent a new submission. please advise!

I'm not laughing!  I think you are using Apple Mail.  First thing, go
to the Mail menu at the top left of the screen, select Preferences.  I
am using OS X 10.3 Panther, but the options are pretty much the same.
At the top of the Preferences window, select Composing.  There you will
see a range of options where you can check a box for quoting the text
of the original message and select the radio button for Including
selected text.

Then, to reply to a specific message, have the message window open.  At
your option, you can hit the Reply button so all of the message will
show up in your outgoing message, or as is better in e-lists like this,
you should select or highlight only the part of the text you want to
talk about, then hit the Reply button.  See if that doesn't work for
you.

Al Poulin