[G4] Options for adding disk space to Power Mac G4?

John Niven senseamp at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 15 06:06:55 PST 2008

Do you have an external firewire drive?

Very handy, also if you buy one you can always use it
for time machine backups if that works out for you.
Otherwise just use Carbon Copy Cloner.

I love CCC (I donated :-). Other options suggested
seem good but, for minimal investment, an external
firewire harddrive would seem to be best.

I would use CCC to copy the 10Gb Tiger partition to
the external harddrive. Once done check you can boot
from it (select it in startup disk from preferences).
Then you know you can always go back.

Clean install Leopard, wiping the Tiger partition.
Play with it, if your happy keep it, if not, boot from
the ext HD and use CCC to replace Tiger internally -
no harm done.

Whichever way you go, you can still use CCC to copy
your iTunes collection onto the ext HD and keep your
music safe.

John