[G4] Much Ado About Harddrives

Tony Gamble braincellmultimedia at rogers.com
Wed Jan 16 16:40:24 PST 2008

With Journaling turned on, the OS keeps a transaction log of changes
to the file system so that, in the event of a crash or power failure,
the file system can be restored to a good state much more quickly than
if Journaling had not been enabled.  It has been recommended by many
to leave Journaling turned on.  If you're doing a lot of work with
large video files on another drive, it has been suggested to turn
Journaling off on that drive to avoid a performance hit.

Tony