[G4] upgrade or buy new mac?

O'Brien obgraph at hiwaay.net
Wed Jan 30 14:03:34 PST 2008

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:31:19 -0800 (PST), Brad Russell wrote:
> So do I try a processor and video card upgrade? ( I need a new
video card in the DP450 in the basement so it could take the 9200)
or do a go with a whole new box?.....

When I've wanted to upgrade, I've always bought used DPs -- it's a lot cheaper to stay on the trailing edge of technology. I'd much rather replace the Mac with a newer model DP over upgrading it with a processor. You can sell the older one to help offset the cost. I've bought used Macs through the Mac Swap group and eBay -- never had any problems.

O'Brien