[G4] Hacked Router

Glen McKnight glen.mcknight at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 09:53:38 PST 2008

On 31 Jan 2008, at 16:54, Steve Jensen wrote:

> I Folks,
> My son's wireless router was cracked a day or so ago, his username
> and password to the router were reset. I has been disconnected since
> he discovered it last night.  I hope I can help him reset it
> tonight.  My concern is how easy is it to gain access to his Mac and
> copy his important info, account numbers, usernames, passwords,
> etc?  The Mac is a G4 Powerbook 667, OSX.3.9
>
> Any and all responses will be greatly appreciated!
>
> tia,

Hi

Resetting the router will set the factory defaults, after he has done
this he should be able to put in his details, but he can restrict
access by specifying the MAC address of the machines which connect
wirelessly.
This means if he has done this correctly, the offender will have to
break in to his home and connect by cable to make any alterations.

Have Fun

Glen