[G4] Hacked Router

John Niven senseamp at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 09:18:48 PST 2008

Steve,

Are you sure it was hacked? Simply pressing the reset
button will get you to the factory settings. I know
because my teenage son did this to get around my
blocking him from the internet! Of course I knew what
happened when I found all my settings reset. Stupid
boy!

I see a lot of people who do not set there own
password  on their router. A good guess is then
"admin" :-)

Did he have the firewall up on his Mac? I'm no
security expert but even someone logging into his
wireless network is going to need his mac username and
password
to see his files.

John