[G4] upgrade or buy new mac?

S. Kennedy skenn at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 31 15:08:29 PST 2008

I haven't gone back to read all of the posts on this thread but I don't remember anyone suggesting that the primary problem may be your download speed from Yahoo.  I'm not familiar with Yahoo web mail but it seems that you are having most of the sluggish problems where downloading is involved.  Also, if you are short on ram memory that might also cause some delays.  I have only used my earthlink web mail when out of town and using a 867 MHz dual G4 but I have never been bothered by sluggishness though it certainly slower than my regular pop mail account.