[G4] audio in

Bill Disney superatoris at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 13:58:23 PDT 2008

I'm new to the group and recently bought a Apple G4 Dual 1GHz (Quicksilver 2002) (M8667LL/A). At the moment I have CA (cheap) audio speakers plugged in the rear Headphone jack. Is there a special adapter that can be used on the 1/8'' speaker jack to plug into the Audio in jack on back of G4? Would the sound quality and/or volume be enhanced? Should I not be using the rear Headphone jack to run any speakers but only the Audio in jack? Any suggestions appreciated - thanks.~Bill