[G4] audio in

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Wed Jun 11 16:00:49 PDT 2008

I looked up your model
http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powermac_g4/ports/powermac_g4_qs_2002.html
According to this, speakers like the ones you have should be in the
headphones jack.
  An "Audio In' Jack is for digitizing and recording analog audio like
from a cassette deck or mixer.
Again according to what I read, your computer should have a speaker
jack that will only take a particular jack that is attached to Apple Pro
  speakers  http://www.synaptech.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=441&currency=USD
Which are matched to the whole deal and are very pleasant. I have a
pair on my 2001 QS . 6+1/2 years old, still working.
Jim