[G4] G4 Quicksilver problems

B G briang113 at pacbell.net
Thu Jun 26 10:33:36 PDT 2008

Kernel panics happen for a variety of reasons,

it could be a RAM module has gone bad.

Try swapping them in and out and see what happens.

It could be software, try a clean install on one of drive.

Also you do not say which drive is acting up, is it the one with the
system on it. Drives do fail and or get bad sectors.

You can get a large drive pretty cheaply these days, it might be a
good investment. It will be faster too.

Good luck

Brian

G4 gigE 1.0 GHz Powerlogix, 1 GB RAM