[G4] Wanted - MDD FW 400 system install disks

Paul ppd at spin.net.au
Sun Mar 2 11:35:50 PST 2008

Hello Bruce,

many thanks for your helpful and informative reply to my query. I was
not aware of any of this, so it’s good to know. I only acquired the
computer last week. It had Mac OS 10.2.8 on it, and it also had
Classic. I erased the drive because the fellow I got it from had left
some stuff on there I didn’t want. I used a commercial version of
Jaguar 10.2 to do the erasing - so at present the computer has Mac OS
10.2 installed.

I’m not sure what you mean by firmware, but if you mean the computer’s
boot ROM, this is 4.4.8f2, which is the ROM version as recommended on
Apple’s website, to reduce fan noise under OS 9.

Still waiting and still hoping for those disks...........

Thanks

Paul