[G4] Question about upgrading a 933 quicksilver

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Sun Mar 2 13:56:43 PST 2008

On Mar 2, 2008, at 4:35 PM, lunatikdesigns wrote:

> Now – about that motherboard – since it only allows the 133’s for
> memory – should that be upgraded also?  Or just leave it and max out
> the memory on it?

If you change the motherboard it will be a completely different
machine, and the holes will be in the wrong places. Plus it's
expensive .
I have an upgraded 867. IF it was cheap and you like the look of that
box (I do) You can get a CPU max out the mem and have at it.
I have the 867 at 1.2 w/ an ATI 9000 (No big deal) and three 80 gig
drives and a Pioneer DVD 109. It works good. Only 1.2 gig mem tho'
that's a problem.
You'll have to add it all up and judge, whether you want to spif it
all the way.