[G4] Wanted - MDD FW 400 system install disks

Paul ppd at spin.net.au
Mon Mar 3 16:18:44 PST 2008

Al.

Many thanks for your contribution to solving my little dilemma.

I am a big fan of lowendmac - I recall reading that info a while ago,
and most of it is now forgotten. I’ll have to go back and re read it.
Thanks for the link.

Yes, I do have OS X 10.2 installed, and yes I did check the box to
install OS 9 drivers on the drive - the drive is 120 GB, partitioned
into 4 equal volumes.

I have two sets of completely original retail 10.2 disks - one is just
straight 10.2, the other is 10.2.3 - I have checked all these disks,
and there is no installer for OS 9.

I also have a retail version of OS 9.2.1 - I have tried this, but
whilst the computer allows me to boot off this CD, once booted it does
not see the drive or any of the volumes. This isn’t the case with (for
example) the original CD for the PowerBook G4 800 Mhz (Mac OS 9.2.2),
which allows me to boot and it sees all 4 volumes, but won’t allow me
to install.

Still waiting, still hoping............

thanks

Paul