[G4] QS powers down

Roxylee roxylee at frontiernet.net
Tue Mar 4 05:26:36 PST 2008

Hi, can anyone shed some light on why this is happening? My G4 QS
2002, running Tiger, has been intermittently shutting down right
after the desktop loads, but only when my audio interface (Saffire LE)
is plugged in. This is something that has been happening
intermittently for a few weeks. Yesterday I was able to start it up
and record; today it shut off again. I can't afford to start
replacing parts as trial and error. I hope the motherboard isn't
being fried every time I start up the G4. Has anyone ever encountered
such a problem? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :-)