[G4] Re: Leopard troubleshooting

Robert C. Buitron rcbuitron at speakeasy.net
Tue Mar 11 07:26:47 PDT 2008

For those who responded to my query regarding the upgrade to Leopard and
  HD sleep mode issue - a big thanks. I did look at the Console log and
saw that there were problems, however I didn't know how to address those
items (much less how to trace them back to the problem based on the log
info). John B. mentioned the system.log, but I couldn't find that item
(even with a search - probably used wrong name). Again I'm not that
savvy about Macs, nonetheless I really appreciate all the input.

Anyway, I decided to reinstall using the Archive and Install mode (which
was one of 2 options instead of 3) as a result of what I saw in the
Console. That solved my sleep mode problem and the console log doesn't
indicate error or execute problems. BTW, once I determined the system
was functioning correctly I trashed the folder containing the previous
system.

Thanks again and I think this listserv is fantastic!

Rob