[G4] firmware: update needed?

Eric Smith eric-s-smith at comcast.net
Wed Mar 12 16:22:07 PDT 2008

Harry Freeman wrote:
> HAHAHAHAHAHAHaHaHaHaHaHahahahahahaha
> Sorry to laugh, however Eric I have a 2000 Mac G4 Sawtooth and Leopard
> runs just fine.
> In fact it runs better than Panther did and faster.

I didn't say that it wouldn't *run* just fine, only that there are
limitations on *installation*. All reports I have seen of Leopard
on even slow G4 CPU CPUs are that performance is as good as Tiger on
the same system. (I could be wrong but I don't think Leopard will run
at all on a G3.)

I also have the same G4 model (upgraded to a 1.0GHz CPU and 1.3MB RAM)
and Leopard purrs away on it just as well as Tiger does.

Eric