[G4] firmware: update needed?

Harry Freeman gifutiger at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 16:47:47 PDT 2008

Eric ( + )!( + )

I apologize, however you did say, "Leopard requires an Intel, G5, or
better than 867 MHz G4 CPU, plus 512MB or more of RAM", and the part
"an Intel, G5" just struck me kind of funny.

Again I apologize so don't take it as a slam. Perhaps you meant to say
something different.

Any way the specs from Apple are:

Mac OS X 10.5 requires:

	• A Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or Power PC G4 (867 MHz
or faster) processor
	• 512 MB memory or more
	• A DVD drive for installation
	• 9 GB of available disk space or more
	• Some features require a compatible Internet service provider, fees
may apply.
	• Some features require Apple's .Mac service; fees apply.
So we're in agreement that any G4 is Okay, because there are "Hacks"
that allow installation on platforms that run slower than 867 Mhz.

Best regards,

Harry