[G4] firmware: update needed?

Eric Smith eric-s-smith at comcast.net
Wed Mar 12 17:04:35 PDT 2008

Harry Freeman wrote:
> Eric ( + )!( + )
>
> I apologize, however you did say, "Leopard requires an Intel, G5, or
> better than 867 MHz G4 CPU, plus 512MB or more of RAM", and the part "an
> Intel, G5" just struck me kind of funny.

Sorry, maybe that was phrased awkwardly.

Replace "An Intel, G5, or better than 867 MHz G4 CPU" with

"An Intel CPU, or a G5 CPU, or a G4 CPU faster than 867 MHz"  :)

In any case, I was only talking about what is required for installation,
not to run Leopard - and I did say that there are ways to get around
the processor speed limitation on G4 for installation.

Eric