[G4] firmware: update needed?

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Wed Mar 12 19:12:37 PDT 2008

On Mar 12, 2008, at 10:06 PM, Karen H wrote:

> A follow-up question to the point that install disks won't work for
> computers types that they don't conform to.

Straight up. Urban Myth. SYSTEM RESTORE discs need a particular
machine. Most install OS discs are generic (There are exceptions )
However I don't think you can do the firewire target disc clone
routine from an intel to a PPC. Not a good Idea.
  But you could use the Intel machines OS install disc.( a single
disc)  Not  the system restore discs. They are two different items.