Subject: Re: [G4] Re: Moving G4 List to Hard Drive (Al Poulin)

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Thu May 1 11:18:21 PDT 2008

On Apr 30, 2008, at 9:22 PM, John Sparks wrote:
> Hi Al:
> I am using Mac Mail V 3.2.w/OS10.5.2. When I file my e-mails that I
> want to retain, I use the "Message" in the tool bar, I cliick on
> "Move To", this opens up a drop down of my Mailboxes, I move down
> the list to the Mailbox I want to use.
> The only e-mail that does not move is "The G4 List"
> I ran TechTool Deluxe from Apple Care, then tried again no change.
> Thank You I'll try Drag and Drop next.

John:

Now that I understand the way you use Mail, I doubt that Drag and Drop
to the list in the left sidebar will work. But try anyway.  My next
suggestion is to create a different name for "The G4 List" mailbox.
Perhaps this sounds like a quirk, but there could be some something
about the name that the system does not like.  Oh! by the way, can you
put one of these list messages into any other mailbox?  If so, then a
new name should work.  If a new name does not work, I would try
putting the Mail Preferences file into the Trash.  That is
"com.apple.mail.plist" in your home>Library>Preferences.  Beyond that,
I would consider establishing a new, "Troubleshooting" user account to
see if the problem replicates itself there.  If the same problem
occurs, you know the problem exists in the System.  If the problem
does not occur, you know that it is a User problem.

Al Poulin