[G4] two 500 gb drives

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Tue May 6 11:08:23 PDT 2008

On May 6, 2008, at 11:14 AM, Eric Smith wrote:

> But wouldn't three internal drives mean extra mounting hardware?
> My suggestion would be that with two 500 GB drives, the 40 GB is

Need to do something, but it is doable.  My QuickSilver 733 book shows
three drive positions 1,2, and 3 from front to back across the
bottom.  Position 3 is usually for one or two ATA drives, with the
sled for both.  Drive positions 1 and 2 are usually for SCSI drives.
But the space is otherwise not occupied.  I've read about people using
that space for extra ATA drive(s), just sitting loose or
somehow secured in a jury-rig fashion.  Cardboard and popsicle sticks?.

Al Poulin