[G4] Left-over Parts

Amir 'CG' Caspi cepheid at ssl.berkeley.edu
Fri May 9 17:13:26 PDT 2008

Speaking of leftover parts...

	I've got a DP500 that I'd like to turn into a media server.  It
already is one, of sorts, running SlimServer and serving music off an
external HD.  However, I'd like to build it into a true server with
internal drives.
	Does anyone happen to have a SATA (preferably) or IDE (otherwise)
PCI (33MHz) card that would work in this machine, and can support 4 500GB
drives?  (I'll use OS X to run RAID-1+0 in software.)
	I'm also looking for a video card that can drive a 21" Dell
monitor at its native resolution through DVI or ADC... that means an ATI
Radeon 8000 or higher.  (The OEM Rage128 Pro can only drive the monitor at
its native resolution through VGA; through DVI, it maxes out at 1024x768.)
	Finally, I currently have 640MB of RAM in here but would love to
beef it up to a gig or higher.

If anyone has a SATA or IDE/ATA card, video card, and/or RAM (compatible
with the DP500, of course) that they no longer need and would be willing
to part with, please let me know.  I'm happy to buy them from you although
since I'm a graduate student with rather limited income (otherwise I
wouldn't still be using an 8-year-old machine), the amount I can afford to
spend isn't very high.

Thanks in advance, regardless of the outcome.
	Have a great weekend, all.

						--- Amir