[G4] G4 upgrades

ewood at izoom.net ewood at izoom.net
Tue May 13 10:53:00 PDT 2008

> Hello,
>
> I have an old G4 Dual 450 which I have been trying to upgrade, but I'm
> finding too expensive for my budget.
>
> I've been offered a used but fully functional Power Mac G4 (from a
> Mirrored Drive Door) Dual 1.25GHz Processor Card
>
> Apple Reference: 661-2707
>
> What is the lowest spec machine I could get (off ebay etc) that this would
> work with?

Heck, that might well work with your current G4 system, though I'm not
sure about firmware requirements. Might need some kind of update, perhaps
from a third party such as OWC, though I think that would be mainly for
the L3 cache. The model of G4 is very likely compatible, based on what
I've seen.

Eric W.