[G4] Bus speed limits

Eric Buczynski emaxxx4 at warpmail.net
Wed May 14 21:16:09 PDT 2008

Thanks for the answers regarding PC133 RAM in a PC100 limited bus.

Now, would the same thing apply to a G4 533 mhz processor from a
Digital Audio on a 450 mhz Sawtooth? I'd like to give him my old
processor, as long as it doesn't cause any harm to the computer. I
checked the Low End Mac website and saw the difference in bus speeds.
I'm not concerned about a higher bus speed but rather just making
sure the Mac I set up for him is stable enough. He doesn't plan to
play games on it but he wants to get on the internet, download
photos, and photo manipulation. Is the 533mhz processor possible on
the slower Mac?

Eric