[G4] Bus speed limits

John Niven senseamp at yahoo.com
Wed May 14 21:31:41 PDT 2008

Hah, hah!

Good follow-up question!

533 divided by 133 = 4

that means that the 533 processor multiples the bus speed by 4 to get its clock.

450 divided by 100 = 4.5

that means the 450 processor module multiples the bus speed by 4.5 to get its clock.

Replace the 450 cpu with a 533 cpu and it will run at 4 times 100 which is 400MHz. A downgrade!

You would need to change the jumpers on the 533 module to 5 or 5.5 times to get back the clock speed. This would require soldering.

John (running a 733 in a 350 by changing the jumpers from 5.5 to 8.0 giving a 800MHz Sawtooth)!