[G4] airport

B G briang113 at pacbell.net
Thu May 29 09:37:19 PDT 2008

You can use any brand of wireless base-station/router.

If you want to go with an Apple product I would get the Time Capsule -
500 GB, this is a wireless base station, print server, Router and
allows Time machine to back up to the internal hard drive. Only an 10.5

You can plug the G4 into it directly and use the Macbook wireless
connection and the machines can talk to each other.

If you really need to use the G4 wireless you will need the original
Airport card or a third party solution.

The  airport card is still around for sale, but it is in the $100
range. There are numerous third party PCI and USB solutions but
personally since the G4 has gigabit, I would hardwire to whatever base-
station you get.

Brian

G4 gigE 1.0 GHz Powerlogix, 1 GB RAM