[G4] G5 question

Charles Lenington macsonly at brightok.net
Sat Nov 8 01:25:10 PST 2008

Harry Freeman wrote:
> Greetings Tony, ( + )!( + )
>
> If you are just interested in finding out if the Power Supply is
> working and that power is getting to the mother board, then just turn
> the platform on and let it run for about an hour, then start touching
> the top of the IC's and if they are warm to hot the PS is putting out
> voltage to the MB.
>
> The "Bong" that a Mac makes when starting-up is an indication that the
> processor has tested installed memory and it has passed the test. The
> memory modules that you have DDR 184 pin PC3200 should work but they
> may not be the fastest that your machine can handle.
PC 3200 is the fastest for your box My references follow
Mactracker says
pc3200 184 pin for the 4 ram slot boxes
note:
Early 2005 4 slots (dual 2.0 GHz), or 8  slots- PC-3200 (dual 2.3 GHz+)
2.5v, unbuffered, 8-byte, nonparity
184-pin DDR SDRAM (matched pairs)

Late 2005 2.0, 2.3, or dual 2.5 GHz    8 - 240-pin PC2-4200 (533MHz)
DDR2 ECC or NECC SDRAM (matched pairs)

snip rest--------------

Also is the pram battery present, does it have a charge?