[G4] Replacement Fans for G4 MDD?

Chris Powell cpowell.va at comcast.net
Tue Nov 11 07:45:50 PST 2008

Hi all,

This is my first post to the list after purchasing a Dual 867 MDD a
few months ago. It's my first Mac and I've really enjoyed using - and
tinkering - with it.

Although the G4 has performed flawlessly, one problem I've run into
is fan noise. I purchased the G4 in part to use as a music server to
stream music to my APX, but the noise is seriously interfering with
listening to the quieter pieces on the stereo.

I'm really interested in trying to replace the fans and have read a
few of the chestnuts online detailing fan replacement, but I'm having
a hard time tracking down the fans that are listed. Does anyone know
of current fans that I can use and where to purchase them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris