[G4] airport question

Harry Freeman gifutiger at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 13:04:37 PST 2008

Greetings Margaret ( + )!( + )

I have been using an "Airlink 101" router for more than 2 years and it
works just fine.
You should be able to find one on the internet at a reasonable price.
This is the one that I have:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Airlink-Wireless-Access-Point-or-Repeater-802-11-AP431W_W0QQitemZ310099573437QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCOMP_HN_Network_Adapters?hash=item310099573437&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A15%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
However I got mine at Fry's on "Black Friday" for $9.95 I guess that I
should have bought 2 or 3 of them.

If you have a local Fry's you, if you like to get up early on the day
after Thanksgiving and stand in line at Fry's you might get a good
deal like I did.

But be aware that setting up a Wireless Router is a bit complex and if
not done correctly you may have everyone in your neighborhood
connected to your "Wireless"

What I would recommend for you is to get either a "Wireless" or a "Non-
wireless" router and then string an ethernet cable from your side of
the "Duplex" to the other side and let your renter connect via the
ethernet connection. That way you don't have to worry about others
connecting without your knowledge or authorization.

Harry
San Jose
ø?ºº?ø,¸¸,ø?ºº?ø,¸¸,ø?ºº?ø,¸¸,ø?º?ø