[G4] firmware from where?

Skygram skygram at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 15:39:19 PDT 2008

I tend to agree with Jo Hissel. Don't mess with your firmware just yet.

Check up on your Quicksilver via MacTracker. Google it and download it. It
is useful. It will give you all the necessary specs that you need for your
machine.

However I was wondering if you had changed the DVD burner on your machine
from the original. You might simply need a patch called "Patchburn" in order
for most of those programs that you mentioned to function well. There are a
few versions of Patchburn depending on the version of OS-X that you use. It
is a simple fix.

You should find a way to find it on this page.

http://forums.xlr8yourmac.com/drivedb/search.drivedb.lasso

Of course, I am assuming that this is your problem.

Hope it is an option. Good luck. If you can't find Patchburn, let me know. I
might have a copy somewhere.

Bill
Montreal