[G4] Re: monitor - turn off or sleep?

Margaret Krakowiak imago at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 4 09:01:59 PDT 2008

Thanks, for the responses, you all answered my question(s)
once again. And thanks Brian for that "Mr. Electricity" link.
That was great and very informative. It showed me there
was very little difference in electricity usage between sleeping
the monitor or turning it off. Al, is that still true in OS 10.4+ about
the running of maintenance scripts? I thought I had read something
about that where it was not, but I could be wrong. And, I do restart
my computer from time to time, especially if I am installing anything
new.

May this list continue on!
I'm not saying I'll never get a new computer, but my G4 DP 450 is still
chugging away fine. I have 3 internal hard drives and one external FW,
1.5gigs ram, have replaced the original DVD ram drive with a DVD RW,
added a USB 2.0 card, and just recently changed the battery although
my original was giving no indication of failure. I just picked up my
Apple
CRT display this week for $25 from someone locally.
I'd still like to max out the ram and upgrade my video card, but
that's about it.

I bought my computer new in 1999, and bought my 1995 Honda Odyssey in
2005.
Both have been excellent machines that get me where I need to go,
both physically and virtually;->

margaret