[G4] Used Mac market and rumored new Mac pricing

Eric Wood ewood at izoom.net
Fri Oct 10 23:20:40 PDT 2008

Am 10.10.2008 um 22:54 schrieb Brian Deuel:

> If Apple starts selling a "starter" Macbook for $799, as is
> rumored, will this kill the high-priced used Mac market? I'm
> speaking specifically of Powerbook G4s in all of their forms.
>
> Discuss.
>
> Brian

It's bound to lower prices, I reckon. It is surprising that used
PowerPC systems remain so pricey. I just hope Apple isn't letting
quality slip too far in producing something at that price.

Personally, I'm out to avoid Intel as a whole, since they do tend to
dominate the market with tactics going beyond competitive pricing and
quality. Since there's no AMD Mac to be found, I'm left with older
Macs. I'd be glad to see prices go down, of course. I suppose they
must do just due to Apple's abandonment of the PPC with Snow Leopard,
though cheaper Intel machines would likely accelerate this. That's my
thinking.

Eric W.