[G4] G4 to LCD monitor

OBrien bco at hiwaay.net
Sat Oct 11 16:03:07 PDT 2008

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 13:46:52 -0400 (GMT-04:00), kanegrfx at earthlink.net wrote:
> I just installed a LG LCD monitor to my power mac G4, vga to vga on
> the monitor, the image
> is analog and looks lousy, someone mentioned a adapter dvi to vga,
> the G4 appears to have
> dvi connector next to the vga which is currently connected to the
> monitor, any sugestions....

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're saying. I guess you're saying that you are using the VGA output, but there's a DVI output on the card. If the monitor includes a DVI cable, use it to connect the monitor to the DVI port. If it doesn't, go get one.

I recently connected an LG 19" LCD to an old G4 Sawtooth, which didn't have DVI. I replaced the video card with one that had VGA and DVI, and used the DVI port. A side effect of this was that the old Mac will now sleep completely, including the drive spinning down. It would never do this before since I had it. Another computer mystery.

BTW, the LG LCD is very is good for the price of $140 that I paid at Best Buy awhile back.

O'Brien