[G4] Acard AEC-6280M Boot

shopdog at mac.com shopdog at mac.com
Wed Oct 15 08:09:15 PDT 2008

All:

I recently installed an Acard AEC-6280M IDE card in my G4 (AGP
Graphics).

I'm having frequent issues with not being able to boot from drives
connected to the card bus.  So much so that I have reverted to simply
booting from a drive attached to the native bus where the Zip drive
had been attached, and using the Acard-connected drives as storage.

If I try to boot from an Acard-connected drive, the drive will
occasionally boot, but 9/10 times the system hangs right after the
grey apple appears on the screen.  I have tried this with more than
one drive, so it is not the drive, as far as I can tell.

Is this normal, or is the card bad, or is there something else that is
wrong.

Thanks!

shopdog