[G4] Acard AEC-6280M Boot

Luke Rademacher lz4broc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 13:49:23 PDT 2008

Let me ask, what's wrong with the default ATA controller in your G4
AGP computer?

Your G4 AGP should have 2 ATA controllers One set for the Optical &
Zip drive (which is ATA-3 slower ATA/33 bus and Second channel (ATA-5
with ATA/66 bus).

The only reason I would see why anyone would get an additional ATA
Controller card was two add a 3rd/4th ATA HD to their computer.

What OS are you booting into?

Where did you get the Acard AEC-6280M IDE card?

Peace,

Luke Rademacher
Liquid Zone Graphics
Mac mini 2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3GB RAM, 80GB HD, Combo DVD/CDRW,
Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5, ext NewerTech miniStack w/ 320GB HD.
MDD Dual 1.25Ghz G4, 2GB RAM, 250GB/120GB/80GB HD's, 16x DL DVD±R/RW
Superdrive, Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.11, Classic Mac OS 9.2.2.
External 1TB HD FireWire 400
Intel Celeron 2GHz, 1GB RAM, 80GB HD, Ubuntu Linux 8.04
5.5th gen 80GB Enhanced Video iPod
Canon CanoScan 8400F
Canon Pixma iP4500