[G4] video card question

J. R. Rosen dilloman at armadillo-press.com
Thu Oct 16 09:06:21 PDT 2008

GOOD MORNING MARGARET!

You do have options!

In my G4 450MP, I have the NVIDIA GeForce4 MX video card.  This has
the both connections (digital & analog) on it plus it's QuartzExtreme
compatible.

I think you can pick one up for about $50 - $100.  Check out Other
World Computing...
http://eshop.macsales.com

GOOD LUCK ! ! !

On Oct 16, 2008, at 10:43 AM, Margaret Krakowiak wrote:

> I have a G4 dual 450, gig ethernet Mac,
> with an Apple CRT studio display monitor.
> I'm running OSX 4.6
>
> I just got a little Flip video camcorder
> (great product, BTW), shot some video, and opened
> my iWorks/iMovie 06 to do some editing.
> I get a message saying I should upgrade my video
> card to one that is "Quartz Extreme compatible".
>
> I went to OWC, and they show 2 possibilities,
> the Radeon 9200 PCI for about $100, and the
> Radeon 9800 AGP for about $200.
>
> My questions:
> Are these my only 2 options?
> What is the advantage of PCI over AGP, or
> vice versa?
> The 9200 PCI states it does not support OS9
> on the gig ethernet model - I do have OS9.2.2
> installed, and use it, though infrequently.
>
> thanks,
> margaret

J. R. Rosen
Armadillo Press-Printing & Graphics