[G4] Acard AEC-6280M Boot

shopdog at mac.com shopdog at mac.com
Thu Oct 30 07:39:45 PDT 2008

Richard:  The shorting worked!  The power supply turns on and I'm
successfully powering 2 hard drives outside the G4 chassis.  That
makes 7 HDs connected to the G4's internal buses.

Doug:  Thank you for detailing your setup.  I'm running into a
practical problem, though-- since I wanted to run one of the Acard's
ribbon cables outside the chassis, I had to remove one of my PCI cards
(a SCSI card which I no longer need) so that I could run the cable
through the resulting "missing card window".  This works, but it would
be great to still be able to use the internal PCI slot.  How did you
run the cables outside the chassis, and did you have to sacrifice any
of your internal PCI cards to do it?

shopdog