[G4] memory question

jonseward at mindspring.com jonseward at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 30 11:45:25 PDT 2008

You can leave the existing RAM and add to it through the remaining empty
slot.  IIRC, it can accept 1GB sticks.  The
processor is finicky, so make sure the sticks fully meet all Apple specs
for the RAM.  It's a good idea to purchase
from someone who offers a money-back or full exchange guarantee.

RAMseeker.com is a good place to start.

These machines tend to respond very well to increased RAM.  Remember to
assign the RAM to your various
applications that have this ability, either through their preference panes,
or via a 'Command - i' information screen
routine.

Good luck,

jon