[G4] Software Update Just Hangs

stuart weisberg stu_weisberg at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 10 10:28:19 PDT 2009

Hi to the list,
I was wondering if someone could help. I have a 17" Flat panel IMac running 10.5.6. Recently Software Update stopped working. It starts and the progress bar moves about 1/8 of an inch and then nothing. I have had the machine for awhile and Software Update has worked fine. I have used Pacifist to extract the app. from my Installation CD 10.5.1 and installed it and ran 10.5.6 update ( I saw in the Software Update Log that 10.5.6.had modified Software Update). The app had worked fine after my original 10.5.6 update. I also trashed the Preferences file. Any thoughts would be appreciated.