[G4] Sawtooth cycles on-off

Peter Webster petermwebster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 05:07:54 PDT 2009

Dear Wise-List:

My 500GHz Sawtooth, 1 GB sdram, OS 10.3.9, external LaCie FireWire 120GB,
esternal Maxtor USB 160GB, 17" flat Studio monitor, is sometime cycling
on-off.

The "on" button on the computer case stays lit, I can hear the CPU powering
down, then up, then down, and last time, the monitor went dark and I had to
pull the plug.

When I booted up today: all OK.

Ran Disk Utility and TechTool Express: all OK.

What is going on?

I have everything backed up to the 2 external drives, but still: this is a
resuced unit, all thrown out (!) and it has worked flawlessly for 2 years,
and I want to keep it up and running until it is glowing plastic dust.

Thanks!

PMW

--
peter m. webster